Today we will do a set of exercises that will help you get better acquainted with netlogo. You are to use the help button and the dictionary to complete the following.
1. Create a setup button and corresponding code in the Code section that will create 1 turtle facing up of color blue. Be-sure and start this procedure with a clear-all. Test it
2. Now create a new button and associated procedure called drawsquare that will draw a 10 by 10 square in the center of the screen. Here is what it should look like
3. Now create another button that draws a 10 by 10 by 10 equilateral triangle centered.
4. Add a slider that determines the size of the objects. Let its range be from 0 20 and apply to both the square and the triangle. Test it.
5. Now draw a hexagon, centered and the associated button.
6. After you have the above complete and working independent of each other ( IE you first hit setup and then the appropriate button , see what happens when you click setup and then the three buttons. Do they all draw properly. If not fix it.
7. Here are a list of other features you can add to the program
1. add a slider that determines the thickness of the line that is drawn.
2. add a slider that determines the number of degrees the object is rotated.
3. Add an on/off switch that indicated if the object is to be filled in with a spiral all the way down to 0
4. Can you think of others?