Class, Note the following.
Send Me an Email with ALGORITHMS as the subject. I will build my class email list these emails. DO IT NOW.
Dreamspark accounts for Windows & Visual Studio downloads will be generated on Monday, January 25 based on the student’s email address in WebWorld. If there is no email or a “bad” email address, they will NOT be able to download the software. Please emphasize this to your students every class next week.
Week1:MLK day, Jan 20
- Chapter 1 and 2 Algorithms and their Analysis (complexity)
- PPTs lecture1 (These are on Drive Y in lab 119 under my name/algorithms
- Software: Visual C++ 2013. Get your copy running NOW! (If you want to do your projects in Linux that would be ok!, just tell me.)
- Project#0: Digit Counting (Due Jan 25th) Program Submission Format
Chapter 3:Growth of Functions and Series
- Bring your textbook to class starting this week!!
- PPT lecture 2
- Project#1: Sort processing (due Wed 3)
- MIT Video: Peek Finding
- Project#1: Program Submission Format
- More Algorithm Complexity (ppts Lecture 3 and 4)
- Recurrence Relations and Merge Sort (see ppt) (See video)
- MIT Video: Models of Computation
- More Complexty and recurrence relations
- Exam Wed 10th (Exam1ReviewS2016)
Week5: Feb 16-18
- Continue DP.
- Homework DP (class handout)
Week6: Feb 23-25:
- Longest Common Sub-sequence(see video)
- Matrix Chain Multiplication
- Optimal Binary Search Trees
- Project#2: A Dynamic Programming Example(class handout)
- Solution of last problem on Exam due next Monday.
- Exam 2 Wed
Week8: Mar 9-11
Week9: March 23-25
- Graphs: BFS, DFS
- MST and Shortest Paths
- Project#3: Graph Project Handout (data sets) DUE April 23rd
Weel10:Mar 30-Apr 1 : Mar 30 Last day to drop
- Continue with Prim’s algorithm
- Topological Sort
- Belman Ford and Dijkstra’s shortest path
- Study Kruskal this weekend.
- We will discuss Kruskal today assuming you already have studied it during the week end.
- Exam 3 Wed
- Review of BST trees and augmentation of them.
- Red/Black Trees ( data structure visualizations )
- Hashing Functions
- Hashing (open addressing )
- Hashing (external chaining)
- Coalesced Hashing
- Exam 4 Wed
Comprehensive Final Exam Monday May 11 @ 3:30