Week1:MLK day, Jan 21
- Chapter 1 and 2 Algorithms and their Analysis (complexity)
- PPTs lecture1
- MIT Video: Peek Finding
- Software: Anaconda Python, Visual C++ 2013. Python Book
Chapter 3:Growth of Functions.
- Please send me an email ASAP so I can add you to my email list!!!!!
- PPT lecture 2
- Hw 1 : 3-3 Due: Feb 2
- MIT Video: Models of Computation
- Project#1: (Due Friday Feb 6) Empirical Studies of Two Sorting Algorithms.
- More Algorithm Complexity (ppts Lecture 3 and 4)
- Recurrence Relations and Merge Sort (see ppt) (See video)
- Exam on Monday!
- Start introduction to Dynamic Programming
Week5: Feb 16-18
- Continue DP.
- Homework DP (class handout)
Week6: Feb 23-25:
- Longest Common Sub-sequence(see video)
- Matrix Chain Multiplication
- Optimal Binary Search Trees
- Project#2: A Dynamic Programming Example(class handout)
- Solution of last problem on Exam due next Monday.
- Exam 2 Wed
Week8: Mar 9-11
Week9: March 23-25
- Graphs: BFS, DFS
- MST and Shortest Paths
- Project#3: Graph Project Handout (data sets)
Weel10:Mar 30-Apr 1 : Mar 30 Last day to drop
- Exam 3 on Nov 5
Final Exam Monday Dec 8th @5:45-7:45