Send me an E-mail today (from your preferred email address) with the subject line containing “CMPS 3013″
- Week 1 ( Aug 28-30-Sept 1) Introduction, Project#0 (EBB)Due Sept 6, Review visual studio together with c++ classes and constructors. Weekend Practice for building a linked list list class.
- Week 2 (Sept 6-8) Complexity, Homework#0 Due Wed Sept 13
- Week 3 (Sept 11-13-15)Continue complexity, Standard Template Library(part 1), for-range and vectors. Note there are two reference sites that are very nice. They are cppreference.com and cplusplus.com. Make a habit of using at least one of these regularly. I normally use cplusplus.com. Pay particular note to the complexities of the methods you use. Here is a nice refresher tutorial on Classes if you need some review.
- Quiz Friday on Series and Complexity, Here is Project#1:Linked List class (Start NOW! and test,test, test as you proceed!!!. Use the built in class generator of Visual Studio to construct all classes that you need in this course. This is required!)
To Be heavily modified( do not read)
- Week 4 (Feb 5, 7) Recursion Examples, recurrence relations.
- Week 5 (Feb 12, 14) Object Oriented ProgrammingExam on Thursday (pre_exam) Here is a bouncing ball simulation for your study.
- Week 6 (Feb 19, 21) OOP Continued , Binary SearchTrees , Project#2(trees, Due Mar 19)
- Week 7 (Feb 26,28)Example BST recursion problems
- Week 8 (Mar 5, 7) Exam II Mar 7
- Week 9 (SPRING BREAK)
- Week 10 (Mar 19, 26) AVL Trees, AVL Demo, Another AVL demo, Splay Demo, MultiDemo, Splay tree UCBerkeley Lecture(You are required to watch this)
- Week 11 (Mar 26, Easter) Quiz on Berkeley Lecture on Tuesday(besides a question on theory I will give you a tree and an access and you readjust by hand).
- Week 12 (Apr 2, 4) heaps and heapsort, quicksort, linear median calculation (required viewing) Who is Erik Demaine?, Project#3(median analysis)
- Week 13 (Apr 9, 11) Quiz on Median video on Monday, graphs
- Week 14 (Apr 16, 18) Minimal Spanning Trees, Shortest Paths
- Week 15 (Apr 23. 25) hashing
- Week 16 (Apr 30, May 2) Exam III Tuesday April 30 (everything after exam 2 REVIEW SHEET) Linearsorting
- Week 17 (Final exam on Tue May 7 @ 8:00 AM) Comprehensive Final
Useful sites to read
Lambda functions (Dr Dobb’s discussion)